='header' id='header' maxwidgets='1' showaddelement='yes'/>

Turn the Shirt Around

The other day I woke up frazzled- anxious to get to school on time. The start of a new school year will do that to you. Running to class I was early, sorted my things out and prepared myself for the lecture. As my professor began the discussion, I was intently following along. Until one question he proposed caught my attention. Being the writer that I am, I began jotting down notes and expanding on this one question, tuning out of the next part of the lecture-- my eyes locked on the words filling up my screen in front of me. 

"And how do you feel about that?" 
I zapped back to reality. Looking up, the professor's eyes were now connected with mine. 

"Oh," I replied. "I'm sorry. Just give me a second." Reading the question on the powerpoint we were now discussing, I couldn't focus. You know when you're put on the spot ill-prepared like that, and all you can think about is how ill-prepared you are? 

Turning more and more red, I began to speak. 
Word vomit.
Blah. Blah. Blah.

"And that is how I feel about that."

"Oookay." My professor replied.
Ughhh. Second day of this class and my life is already over.

I walked out of class only to feel my shirt that seemed just a bit higher than usual. After all, I am at BYU, the more modest the better right? But then again feeling that zap! back to reality... I look down at my shirt.

It was backward.

Ah! Did I just admit that right here for all of social media to see????

Gasp.

I ran to Daniel and explained to him that I had to go to the bathroom right. Now. NOW.
And I changed my shirt. 

But you know what I've realized? Who cares. Okay, so my shirt was on backward. Who. Cares. 
Life goes on, people! As soon as I turned that white shirt around, so I did with my day.

And so can we all! Life is all about good times, hard times, sad times, sweet times. I believe that happiness is a choice. It's okay to get upset, to have life a little backward sometimes. But we need to be able to turn the shirt around-- our attitudes. Backward, sideways, inside-out-- FLAUNT IT.

Have a great Saturday!

Emmaline

1 comment: