='header' id='header' maxwidgets='1' showaddelement='yes'/>

ART

Do you ever feel like you need to take your own advice? 
Many of you don't know the side of me that get's sad, anxious, down and has really HARD days.
Days that I feel like just talking to people is a huge step for me.
Luckily today I was able to find something to brighten one of those moments up for me. Hope it helps you all too. 
I wanted to share something I wrote June 18, 2013, while sitting in a small cafe.

ART.

The fellows sitting next to me in this cafe are artists. Illustrating… creating.
In front of me are books. Words, created, written: art.
Above me music plays, the gentlemen to my right taps his leather dress shoe along. Sounds-- clashing, harmonizing, beautiful-- art.
The drink I hold in my hand: a creation with an extra drop of honey soothing my sore throat and congested nose. Helpful. A helpful work of art.
Surrounding us everywhere is art. Beautiful creations, The unique ones capture our attention, the perfect ones don't even catch our eye.

What world will we create?

I hope, I hope…
 it’s a unique, lovely, colorful, spontaneous one.
Splashes of crazy, bumps along the surface, red for courage, blue for loneliness, or perhaps we simply adore the color blue. Green for the beauty of the earth we enjoy, yellow for the intense sunshine engulfing us like a blanket.
Splashes and splatters, lines and patterns.
Tea to soothe a sore throat, foot tapping, music blaring, hands painting, people creating.
Happiness. Laughter. Love. Heartbreak. Trial.
Stepping back I see it now.
The beautiful portrait, the big picture, so unique with different colors and patterns. Imperfect, but juuust right.
Absolutely beautiful.
Life.

Leonid Afremov
Have a wonderful Friday! 
XO
Emmaline

No comments:

Post a Comment